Sunday 9 October 2011

Stacey Able Photography

Stacy Able Photography is modern boutique photographer based in Columbus, Indiana.


















I very much like the photography work of Stacey Able – whist looking through her work I noticed that every photograph captures a moment of emotion whether it be laughter, love or happiness. Her photographs are narrative and tell the story of a wedding with a selection of photographs of guests, family, best man, bride’s maids and friends. Often the bride and groom don’t see a lot of there day, therefore wedding photography is very important and often what they relay on to get an insight of there day from a guests perspective. I find Stacey Able’s inspiring because I particularly like the contempary continues style she uses. Her framing in photographs to me is perfect, not to close to the face showing background and the wedding location but close enough to capture the joy and happiness emotions. I also like the way she manipulates her photographs – there not over powering or heavily made up but subtly manipulated giving a professional finish.

The ‘photograph is still, first and foremost for me a means of expression.’ Jean Moir  ‘Another Way of Telling’  John Berger – Chapter 2 ‘Appearances’

No comments:

Post a Comment