Sunday 9 October 2011

Shoot 4 - Fay and Joe

When you find yourself beginning to feel a bond between yourself and the people you photograph, when you laugh and cry with their laughter and tears, you will know you are on the right track. - Arthur Fellig

To develop my assignment further and to get an insight into how to develop my photography work into a final series of photographs I have decided to do another photography shoot based on portraiture capturing my friend Fay Venetia Williams and her boyfriend Joe Mullarky. I have photographed Fay before and was thoroughly happy with my outcomes as Fay seemed immediately at ease and comfortable with the process, she was confident, comfortable and enjoyed the process and this came across in the images which communicated so perfectly the focus of the image taken – Personality and Fay’s confidence, self assurance, outgoing side, joy, care freeness, happiness – all key features of her personality, came through in the final outcome. Joe her boyfriend and close friend of mine is a very confident out going, self assured Rugby player. Together I just know that I will get some fabulous shots of them, showing not only there friendship but relationship. They have been together for over five years and I feel confident that this will become apparent in my photographs as they adore each other. I also intend on photographing them by them selves – just to expand the variety of shots taken.

Once again I have decided as this is just a minor project to act as a starting point for my development towards my final series of photographs. Therefore I am going back to my favourite location being Latchford Locks to photograph as I’ve successfully shot there in the past. The setting provides many features which make a perfect back drop for a constructed photo shoot. To make my photo shoot stand out and differ to previous shoots I have done there, I intend to go on a dull/cloudy day where these is no sun and use my reflector. This sounds silly when you first read it, however I want to photograph and experiment with the lighting, find out what works – by doing this I will get different photographs altogether with a different backdrop. I have found the lighting at Latchford Locks is key to the photographs you intend to take. If this is successful and works better then photographs with bright natural sunlight I may consider doing this again but at a different location.

No comments:

Post a Comment