Sunday 9 October 2011

Jan Kocoviski


















After a lot of thought and consideration I decided that for my subject matter I want to develop my idea focusing on capturing Personality and Identity through Portraiture style. I intend to communicate personality as the main focus. Therefore I have chosen to photograph my friend Annie Keating, a performer and dancer. I have photographed Annie before and found her wonderful to work with, because of her performing background Annie is aware of the camera and very confident resulting in good photographs. I want Annie to pose for the camera in order to communicate personality and individuality.

For my shoot after a lot of planning and thought, I have decided my location will be Walton Hall and Gardens which is a beautiful outdoor park with gardens and walk paths set in the Cheshire countryside. The photographic opportunity is endless and I am very excited.

I particularly like to work and photograph outdoors, however even with outdoor lighting, shadow can be a problem when capturing portraits. To modify or improve available light sources I will use my reflector. I’d never used a reflector before until last year on shoot and was very pleased with the outcomes from such a relatively simple low tech device so much so, every portrait shoot I now do – my reflector comes with me.

Continuously throughout the shoot I used the reflector to control the light source, either block light creating shadows on the face or to enhance the natural day light reflecting on the subjects face. In the future I will continue when necessary to use a reflector to enhance or improve the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment