Sunday 9 October 2011

Shoot 2 - Annie at Walton Hall Gardens

'A photographic portrait is a picture of someone who knows he or she is being photographed.' - Richard Avedon 1933

As a starting point for my second set of photographs as part of my assignment I decided to undertake some primary research to gain ideas and inspiration. To help prepare and gain inspiration I used a website called Flickr. Flickr has been described as ‘almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world’. I’m in strong agreement. One of the reasons I used Flickr as part of my research is because I especially enjoy viewing other photographers work as it gives me a better  understanding of ideas and is a good source of inspiration or a starting point for my own work. There is so much on the net and Flickr is contemporary and exciting in the way it exhibits others work and gives an insight to the big world of photography and what is out there. It also helps with development of my own ideas and expression when researching a particular subject in relation to my own photographs. - www.flickr.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment