Sunday 9 October 2011

As I now have an idea for my Portrait shoot, a location and model I have decided to research portraits once again using Flickr. One of the reasons I use Flickr as part of my research is because I especially enjoy viewing other photographers work as it gives me a better understanding of contempary ideas and it is a good source of inspiration or a starting point for my own work.
















I came across the work of ‘Lighthack’ Unfortunately the name of the photographer remains anonymous without a blog, website or facebook page – however I find his work remarkable. Lighthack has written ‘I am a self-proclaimed photography hack. I'm not a pro, I've never taken any lessons and I haven't been taking pictures with a DSLR very long (about a year), but I really enjoy taking pictures, so I hope that my enjoyment comes through in my photos.’ When looking through Lighthack’s work I see the emotions captures, the photographs I have chosen to feature in my blog show confidence, personality, individuality all of which I intend to try and convey in photographs I am to take. I especially love the way Lighthack has edited his photographs – the contrast with focus of the subject and blur in the background gives of such a sticking effect. I especially like the colours within the photographs, as he has subtly changed them giving a ‘vintage washed out’ look yet contempary finish which works really well. Its something I have never done yet will do, experimenting on Photoshop using ‘Curves and Selective Colour’.

No comments:

Post a Comment