Sunday 9 October 2011

Shoot 1 - Andrew on Film

‘There is a brief moment when all there is in a man's mind and soul and spirit is reflected through his eyes, his hands, his attitude. This is the moment to record.Yousuf Karsh

As part of my assignment I am to undertake a variety of Photographic projects progressively developing into a final series of photographs.

I for the first time last year shot using a film Camera 35mm which I thoroughly enjoyed. At first I found it almost daunting as it was something I had never done before, I had previously always stuck to digital camera’s as I had never known to do otherwise, shooting digital was what I knew and what I felt I was good at. However this year I really want to learn more about the photographic film industry and the craft of photography I  propose to start to use both digital and film cameras as I feel they each serve a different purpose. Film and digital capture are completely different media. They are used for similar purposes, but they themselves are completely unrelated to each other. It may be easier, quicker and cheaper to get great results from digital, however final film prints have a distinctly different look to them.

I have decided capture and photograph my brother Andrew inspired by a variety of past and contemporary photographs. A lot of research and thought has been undertaken which I feel will help with my development and photographic outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment